The network welcomes everyone UK-based with climate expertise. You can join Mesh if you are:
- a researcher, civil servant/work for some form of devolved or local government or NDPB, private sector, third sector or professional body practitioner.
- motivated, interested and have, within your sector, climate expertise.
- based in the UK.
There is no fee for being a member of Mesh. It is run by the community for the community.
How to become a member
Applications will be reviewed on a quarterly basis. Those successful are added to the Mesh community newsletter. This will be published on a quarterly, no more frequently than monthly basis providing community members with:
- an early bird alert and a reminder for each event.
- a link to the member’s e-directory (updated on a quarterly basis).
- selected UK based climate services events editors are made aware of from the #MeshClimate.
- Community news (achievements, publications, relevant past events with links to materials) sent to editors by members
Adding an event to the network’s programme
We’d like to include events in as many UK regions as our members make possible. So if you have an event that will bring the UK Climate Services community together and is either dedicated to, or open to, Mesh members to attend and will facilitate networking, let us know and we’ll list it within the Mesh programme.
To do this, there are a few steps you will need to take:
- Organise the key ingredients for a Mesh event: a date, venue, speakers and funding of the networking reception OR make sure your event is open to all members of the Mesh community and is relevant to climate services for economic and/or societal benefit, then contact Ben or Briony with the details to seek approval for inclusion in the Mesh programme.
- Once confirmed as suitable for listing by the network, you’ll be sent a branding pack.
- Set the event up on Eventbrite, send the link through to Ben or Briony and it will be sent out to the community.
- Send out an e-delegate list at least one day in advance to attendees.
- After the event, send the list of attendees and a photo of the event in full swing to Ben or Briony for publication in the next newsletter.