An evening of climate services, ethics and networking in Leeds.
Join us in Leeds on November 27th for an evening of climate services, ethics, and networking. Throughout the evening, we’ll be exploring ethical questions in climate services from a diverse range of speakers with governmental, non-profit, academic, and private climate service perspectives. A round of lightning talks will introduce you to the ethical questions and dilemmas, exploring questions such as:
- How should climate services be regulated, if at all, and who gets to decide?
- How do you ethically convey complex information to a non-expert audience without unintended consequences?
- How can we best consider vulnerable populations when conducting work in climate adaptation?
- What ethical quandaries are inherent in communicating risk?
- Suraje Dessai, UK Climate Resilience Programme Champion
From climate change and adaptation professionals working in creative, finance, and media industries
An overview of the ethics of climate services
- Jillian Schacher, ReactCC
The consideration of vulnerable populations in climate-related work
- Kristen Guida, London Climate Change Partnership
Ethical considerations within sustainable development and climate change strategy
- Doogie Black, Trioss
Ethics of big data and the environment in climate services
- Vicky Lucas, Institute for Environmental Analytics
The ethics of science communication
- Candice Howarth, Grantham Institute
- Drinks and canape reception with five star catering led by Executive Chef and Master Chef finalist Tom Rennolds