The second Mesh event took place on the 28th February in Bristol at We the Curious.
18:00 Registration and drinks reception
Welcome: Beth Greenaway, Head of Earth Observations and Climate, UK Space Agency
18:15 Introducing MESH – Briony Turner, Space4Climate and Ben Smith, GCAP
Welcome: Beth Greenaway, Head of Earth Observations and Climate, UK Space agency and Ben Smith, Director, GCAP
18:25 Showcase talks:
- Richard Flemming, Space4 Climate/TCARTA: ‘Using earth observation for monitoring and managing changes to near shore and coastal environments’
- Nick Pyatt, Trioss: Developing integrated climate resilience at County level: a case study from Somerset
- Met Office (Speaker TBC): Use and application of the UKCP18 climate projections.
- Alison Sneddon, Practical Action: Findings from the Climate Information Services Research Initiative
- Colin Taylor, Professor of Earthquake Engineering at the University of Bristol, and UKCRIC Bristol Strategy Lead: From the subsurface of Bristol to the city as a living laboratory, how the next generation of labs will transform city resilience
19:00 Community announcements (if you have a climate-services related announcement to make, please alert the organiser email@example.com no later than the 27th February)
19:05 Networking – drinks and canape reception